HARVEY BUILDING PRODUCTS
Operating Double Hung Windows:
1. Raise and lower the window sash approximately 4 to 6 inches above the sill before tilting in. Failure to do so may result in damage to the tilt mechanism.
2. Retract the window sash release latches on the top of the sash and gently tilt the window sash toward you until it rests on the sill.
3. Lower the top window sash to approximately 8 to 10 inches above the sill. Retract the latches and tilt the sash in until it rests on the lower sash.
4. After cleaning, simply return the window sashs to their original positions. The latches will automatically lock the window sash in place. (we recommend only glass cleaner when cleaning the glass surface of the window.)
Single Hung Windows:
If you have the Harvey Slimline Vinyl Single Hung Window, the top sash will be stationary.
For Vinyl or Majesty Wood Casement Windows, cleaning and lubricating the hinges at least twice a year with a light oil is recommended.
Cleaning Vinyl Products:
Airborne dirt, dust, smoke, salt spray, etc. can usually be removed by using a mild detergent and warm water solution with a soft rag or brush. Grease, oil or other industrial solids that have built up for some time, may require stronger solutions such as Mr. Clean, Soft Scrub, Isopropyl Alcohol (denatured or rubbing alcohol) or lacquer thinner.
Glass Cleaning Products:
If residue is still evident after using glass cleaner, apply mild soap, mild detergent, mineral spirits, or naphtha solvents to galss by either spraying or using a clean, grit-free cloth or sponge. Rinse the glass surface immediately with clean water, removing the cleaning solution from the glass surface. Use a clean lint-free dry cloth to remove the water from the glass surface.
When using solvents, be careful not to damage glazing or insulating unit seals by overgenerous application of solvent. In addition, comply with solvent manufacturer's direction s on label for toxicity, handling and flammability warnings.
Finishing Harvey Majesty Wood Windows:
Majesty Wood Windows must be finished with stain, polyurethane or paint within 48 hours of installation.*
• Apply one to two coats of stain (wiping the sash after each application).
• Apply two coats of polyurethane and sand with fine steel wool after drying.
• Apply one coat of primer.
• Apply one to two coats of paint.
All exposed wood must be properly sealed within 48 hours of installation. Harvey Industries will not be responsible for water staining, discoloration, etc. resulting from condensation or moisture that takes place before units are finished on the interior.
• Screens should be retracted into protective storage housing when not in use.
• Ensure the tracks are kept free of dirt and debris which may cause the screen to perform poorly. Cleaning the tracks and lubricating them with the Phantom's greaseless silicone spray can restore smooth operation. • Mesh fabric, housing tracks and slide bar can be cleaned with water and a soft brush but not with a pressure washer. A mild detergent like soap can be used, but do not use chemicals. After cleaning the mesh allow it to dry before rolling it back up into the housing.
• Motorized screens should be watched during operation. Objects left under a motorized unit can prevent the unit from lowering. If this happens, lift the slide bar up manually remove the obstacle, and lower the slide bar. If it does not extend to a level position, use the remote up button and roll up the mesh until the slide bar is level. Stop the unit, then lower it.
ShowerGuard's patented technology helps keep minerals, scale and soap scum from sticking. A soft cloth or wet sponge and most common household cleaners are all you need for periodic maintenance.
Approved products for cleaning the ShowerGuard coated surface:
• Arm & Hammer® Clean Shower®
• Comet® Bathroom Cleaner with Disinfectant
• Fantastik® Antibacterial Heavy Duty Cleaner
• Invisible Glass® Premium Glass Cleaner
• Kaboom® Shower, Tub & Tile Cleaner
• Lime-a-Way Bathroom Cleaner
• Lysol® Basin, Tub & Tile Cleaner
• Mr. Clean® Magic Eraser®
• Scrubbing Bubbles® Auto Shower Cleaner
• Soft Scrub® Lemon Cleanser
• Soft Scrub® with Bleach Cleanser
• Tilex® Fresh Shower®
• Tilex® Soap Scum Remover
• Vim® Cream Cleanser
• Vinegar, common household
Approved eco-friendly products for cleaning the ShowerGuard Coated Surface:
• Seventh Generation™ Shower Cleaner
• Clorox® GreenWorks® Natural Bathroom Cleaner
• Nature's Source™ Natural Bathroom Cleaner
• Windex® Multi-Surface Vinegar
A clean water rinse should follow the use of any of these products. Please follow the manufacturer’s printed instructions for the products listed above. Note that some cleaning products may not be safe on uncoated glass surfaces, metal, tile, marble, brass or other materials.
• Immediately remove any construction/installation materials, such as concrete, silicone, paint, labels, or tape.
• Avoid abrasive cleaners (such as Ajax, Comet, rouge, cerium oxide).
• Hydrofluoric and phosphoric acid are corrosive to the coating and glass surfaces and should not be used.
• Do not use abrasive brushes, razor blades or other sharp objects which may scratch the coating or glass.
Click to download a PDF that shows you how to identify your water type and clean accordingly.